Friday, December 20, 2013

No Expectations

Try living expectation-free. 

People do what they do. They run around, planning, dreaming, defending and justifying. They laugh, they cry and they feel.

They all behave and treat you more or less as you would expect them to. Sometimes they exceed your expectations. But, sometimes they don't meet YOUR expectations. 

And, that's when we feel perfectly justified to get angry and tell them how they're doing it wrong. Who's expectation was it in the first place? 

I have no idea what this person is going thru. And, suddenly I'm judging them for sinning in a different way than my own personal brand of sinning. 

The point is that I set the whole thing in motion by bringing MY EXPECTATION to the table. It's like I have a "pre-meditated judging" just waiting for someone to show up so I can spring it on them! ... when they least expect it!

Understanding this, I reclaim my power. I am not a victim anymore. I am responsible. I have the power to dissolve this pity party by leaving my expectations aside. 

So, if something out there ... some person or some situation ... is not to your liking, then turn your focus around to the real source of the problem ... YOU!

That may sound like bad news, but it's really The Good News. 


Change your expectations and watch the world transform before your eyes. Don't just take my word for it. Try it and see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment