Sunday, December 15, 2013

Brains, Looks and Talent.

When I was a young person growing up in the 70s, someone once told me that there are three main attributes for people: brains, looks and talent. This person went on to say that I was fortunate enough to be blessed with all three. Of course I did not believe her.

But, I began to question my automatic judging of people.… I began to see how I judged people before I was even aware of it. 

All jocks were stupid ... pretty girls, too. My misfit peers in Band had talent ... and it seemed that most of them were smart, as well. And, a few of them were pretty. 

Then, I became aware of the straight A student who played ball, sang in the choir, acted in Theater, was in several academic clubs and could play each and every instrument in the band! I could only play one, and I couldn't even sing. 

He was popular with the socials and with all the various groups of nerds. Of course the teachers and staff all loved him. 

Then, I went to college at SMU (my military dad was quite frugal and made that possible). Suddenly, I was surrounded by these rich kids who also made high scores. And, I was struck by how pretty they all were!

I very cleverly came up with the theory that their fathers were filthy rich old money who married some model eye-candy. Of course, these women were superficial gold diggers who married for dirty money over Love. 

When I visited my twin brother at MIT, I was again floored when I saw these blonde model types studying thermonuclear engineering and what not. 

So, my question for you is, "have you ever had similar thoughts along these lines?" I mean, do these people also have stupid, ugly and talentless children?

Please forgive me if I sound harsh or inappropriate. That is not my intent. I seriously want to hear what others think about this. 

I'm fascinated at how a system of society, Capitalism, may be affecting the evolution of the human race. 

Yes, I understand that it is pure biology that causes a man's physical attraction to a woman ... and, that biology dictates that a woman be attracted to men with resources, as they can better care for offspring ... according to the evolutionary biologists. 


Okay. Enough said. Your move ... GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment